The project aims to extend the existing 15 km LRT Line 1 system southward by an additional 11.7 km, of which
Approximately 10.5 km will be elevated and 1.2 km will be
at – grade.
The Extension will start from the last station of LRT Line 1
at Baclaran Terminal and will tranverse the cities of
Parañaque and Las Piñas in Metro Manila and reach the
Municipality of Bacoor, Cavite. It will initially include 8 new
Passenger stations with a provision of 2 additional passenger stations. A satellite depot for light rail vehicle (LRV) storage and light maintenance will also be installed
at high demand stations.
The construction of the Cavite (South) Extension Line
Is divided into 2 phases the 1st phase shall be from Baclaran to Dr. Santos Avenue Station (Phase 1A)
and the 2nd phase shall be from Dr. Santos Avenue
to Niyog Station (Phase 1B).
The key features of the LRT Line 1 Cavite (South)
EXT. Project, based on the Project Study conducted
By SNC Lavalin, as approved by NEDA, are the following:
· Interconnectivity to the existing LRT Line 1 at Baclaran Terminal to form a continous line and transport more people.
· Compatible technology with the existing Line 1 to permit through running of trains.
· Integrated fare collection system, with ticket commonality for seamless travel.
· Intermodial facilities at 3 high demand stations.
· Common maintenance facility for the Extension and the Existing Line in Pasay City.
· Satellite depot for storage and light vehicle maintenance, located at the south end of the line.
The project will primarily benefit the commuters who, among others, will enjoy reduced travel time and increased comfort. For the motorists, the diversion of passengers from existing roads will redound to the project corridor and its influence area where the remaining traffic can avail of faster travel time.
Expected benefits are likewise significant and extensive even for non-transport users because of encourage urban reform, more effective land use, improved environment, traffic safety, and energy saving.